Marzipan is composed mainly of almonds and sugar.
There are 3 criteria that allow us to distinguish between the different qualities of marzipan:
1) The proportion of the two main ingredients which are almonds and sugar
For example, a 33% marzipan is composed of 33% almonds and 67% sugar. A 50% marzipan is composed of 50% almonds and 50% sugar.
The qualities of marzipan produced by the Silly company are: 22%, 30%, 33%, 40% and 50%.
2) The origin of the almonds (USA, Spain or Portugal)
Silly always works with almonds bought in origin, i.e. in the countries where the almonds are grown and processed (peeled, blanched, packed).
3) The addition or not of ingredients such as candied orange cubes, raspberry paste, pistachio paste, etc.
Marzipan specialties, ideal for coating in chocolates, can be made: orange marzipan, tutti-frutti passion fruit, raspberry, pistachio or mocha.
Our marzipan can also be declined in the form of subjects, figurines and decorations, in various shapes and colors:
- Fruits and vegetables
The different qualities of marzipan can be supplied in the following packaging:
- 5 kg, 10 kg or 15 kg boxes
- Plastic buckets of 4 kg, 5 kg or 6 kg
- Logs of 250 g, 500 g or 1 kg in PE film